Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Own Version of the $3.99 Mango Smoothie....



I love Panera smoothies! I would get one everyday but it's a bit inconvenient and costly. So I decided to figure it out and make my own.....


First to make is the mango puree, yummy!
This is what you need:
·     3 mangos peeled and cut into chunks
·     1/4 cup of water
·     juice from a lemon
·     2 tablespoons sugar or honey (more or less depending on your preference)
Puree all the above and store in a container. I used one of my reserved coffee mate containers; they have about a billion uses! May be kept in the refrigerator for up to three days or frozen for a month.



Time to make the smoothie!
Combine about 1/3 of the mango puree, with 1/3 a cup of plain or vanilla yogurt, and a scoop of ice in a blender and process until your desired consistency. I love my Ninja for this! It's very efficient at smoothing. I found my original concoction was a bit tart and added some honey into the mix.


Easy peasy! Delicious, nutritious, affordable, and I know what's in it!
The possibilities are endless. Next up will be peach.

No comments:

Post a Comment