Tuesday, May 1, 2012

DIY: Mason Jar "sippy"...

Summer is here, just about, and with it comes yummy drinks for the season. Light, bright, and lovely, colorful drinks.

Mason jar "sippies", as I like to call them, are not only functional but very attractive, as well as inexpensive and easy to make.

Here's what you need:

-16oz Ball Mason Jars with lid & ring

-rubber grommets (these can be found at your local hardware store)

-piece of wood

-drill

-step bit

-screwdriver or something to maneuver the grommet in

Before drilling measure the size of the grommet you are using on the bit as they do come in different sizes.


The step bit is nice to ensure you don't make the punch too large!




I have a set at home, a set in the camper, even a set made of the plastic Ball jars for the littles! They also make adorable gifts...
Fill with your favorite beverage and enjoy.

Easy peasy!

3 comments:

  1. I love this. I have always used mason jars for drinking, sometimes brewing sun tea in them, sometimes just filling them with water and storing them in the fridge. But why did I never think to add a hole for a straw? Of course, I do everything half-assed so I didn't bother with the grommet. Mine leak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cute! I saw these featured somewhere just the other day and they wanted a bunch of money for them. Now I can buy some rubber grommets and make my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you get grommet in hole ? Just push in the hole by hand or a screwdriver?

    ReplyDelete