that's what I've always heard. Perhaps I heard it once years ago and it stuck with me, either way it makes sense to me! Much needed nutrients come from whole, naturally derived foods and I love to cook for taste, comfort, and color....
One of my most favorite "mom" dishes came from my own mother. The best part of this dish is not the fabulous smell it leaves lingering in the house, and it is fabulous, but that my littlest eats a whole bowl, asks for more and wants it everyday until the pot is gone! Full of of vitamins and antioxidants and he loves it, yay!
A handful of good quality, all natural ingredients, a big pot, and an afternoon at home is all you need to complete this simple recipe!
My Chicken Noodle Soup:
- 6-7lb. chicken roaster
- 3 32oz. cans chicken or vegetable broth
- 6-8 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 1 stalk of celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- fresh cilantro chopped, I use a handful because we love cilantro
- dried parsley, about a tablespoon
- dried oregano, about a tablespoon
- package of frozen peas
- box of noodles, I like Elbows Chifferi but any small pasta would be fine
- salt and pepper to taste