Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Country Girl in a Big/Little City....

My own mother has often said she thinks I was "born in the wrong century". I can't entirely argue with this as I used to dream of being a proper lady, living on a country estate near the sea (estate being the key word), knitting, cooking, cleaning, gardening and such and living off the land. Well this has not come to pass as of yet.... so I do what I can.
Given the unseasonably warm weather we've been experiencing here in New England I've had the planting itch. It's still too cold at night to leave plants out but covered on most nights they do fine. My dilemma, a second story loft apartment, the solution a custom made green house hung off the back and accessible by a glass door. Thanks to a little creative thought by a VERY handy man, this was a fairly easy, very efficient little project.


The top is even hinged to open on the hot days. Easy peasey!

No comments:

Post a Comment