I love gadgets! In particular my iPad. I keep mine and the Littles schedules, books, movies, music, recipes, EVERYTHING on it.... ahhhh deep breath. Anyway, I feel its such a wonderful tool, yes tool that's what it is.
On the go I can look up directions, get a phone number, check reservations all through amazing applications created to make life easier and more fun. I have downloaded literally hundreds of applications and utilized almost that many. Out of them all I do have a few favorites.
My Top 10 iPad Apps in no particular order:
- Blogsy - of course. This is the perfect app for blogging on the go and directly from the iPad!
- Food Network - I am a Food Network junkie! Very user friendly, you can search recipes by course or ingredient or by your favorite FN chef. This app let's you save your favorite recipes for easy retrieval as well as create shopping lists.
- Houzz - fabulous app with hundreds of thousands of home design photographs. Searchable by room or keyword with the ability to save any picture in your own "idea book" this app will start your design wheels turning!
- MA Parks - clearly this is geared toward the Massachusetts resident/visitor but in addition to all MA State Parks you can download National Park Maps. Because the maps are downloaded to your device you do not need an Internet connection to reference them while on a trail. Easy peasey AND free.
- FitnessClass - offering classes for all types of exercise. I especially enjoy the kettle bell and kickboxing classes. Each class does cost a one-time download fee.
- PicFrame - super simple collage app! Love it.
- Skitch - easily add shapes, arrows, sketches, and text annotations to any picture you have saved to your library.
- Notes - back to the basics this is my favorite app that comes standard on all iPads. Just a regular old, yellow pad of virtual paper.
- Pulse - let's you easily access current news in an aesthetically pleasing mosaic type format.
- LionBrand - a great app for any fiber crafter. Access to thousands of free knit and crochet patterns. You can easily search the database for whatever type of pattern you desire. The app also allows you to easily save all your favorite patterns!